Monday, February 16, 2009

The Apprentice

"I'm a fast learner, Don't Worry"

That was what I told all the members of the floor in my acceptance speech a month plus ago...
When i told you don't worry, it may mean I'm worrying in someway or another...
However, I totally believe I'm able to pull it through..

I was in Kuala Lumpur for the past Valentine weekend... Nah, it wasn't for fun or things like that la, though I wish it was for a holiday in some part of it. Yea, I was up there for "work" purposes again. This time for the AIESEC MC transition camp.

Of course, technical stuffs were transited to us. I'm incharge of the incoming exchange part, which means I'm the Sales and Delivery guy in a normal company.. and some old memories and energy did came back.

I remember back in late 2004, where me and my exco board of MMB went out to find sponsorship for our band. I still remember I was excited to look for funds everyday as it was a very new experience compared to the usual sectional music practise of the band. I still remember during that time, The Apprentice had just ran its first season where Bill Rancic became the first apprentice of Donald Trump. During that time, Bill Rancic was just 25 years old and is already a CEO of a multi million cigar company, before he joined the reality show. I was really inspired..

I still remember I woke up every morning during that December school break, eager to go to out to find funds using "marketing skills" learned from The Apprentice. And due to that energy, we were getting 4 digit figure money into the account everyday from a sleepy town of Ipoh. Oh my, Those were the days. I used to tell my dad my success stories everyday and all the different kind of people we met along the way...

2009....
4 years had past and I haven't been touching anything near Sales. I always wanted a Sales experience but I'm not willing to take up management courses . I believe I will have a upper hand among other salesman if I'm from a scientific background as I can analyse better.

In less than one months time, I'll be going for my first marketing trip and hopefully I can convince some company to accept and adopt our international internship programme. And all of a sudden, I'm back in the Apprentice mode.

There are good and bad thing in my Apprentice mode though...

The good thing
I'm more prepared to go out to negotiate with other people,
I handle rejection better, not only in sales aspect,
I'm more optimistic,
and I'm actually willing to study whenever I'm free as I know I dont have extra time like last time..

The bad thing...
I don't go out as much anymore...
I'll exercise less, which means I'll gain more weight... gosh..
I don't have much time for family and friends...
I don't think about relationships that frequent
I can't go back to Ipoh as often anymore...

I really don't hope the bad things will occur to me that much..That was purely based on my past experience in the 2004...

I still want to be alive and kicking!!

But anyway, If not for the MC's, I don't think I'll get into this mode... All thanks to Cafrey, Daryl and Jai... now I know what to do. I want to shoutout my special thanks to Elaine... gosh, she is the one who made the wake up call that I should double up my learning pace in ICX...
To Siong, Emily and Jasmine, its very nice to know you more...

and to ching... its really nice to see you around. Your presence made me feel more comfortable in the MC's office as I can always have the idea in my head where I know someone close there...

Thatz all from me now... this is the first week after half a semester where I'm actually free to do my other stuffs... lol...
cyaz people...

No comments: