Monday, February 2, 2009

Confessions of a Home Boy

Ola.. Its back in the uni...
I was way too busy to blog during last week's holiday...
Its either celebration by day or AIESEC transition and Calculus by night.. There is no ending...

This CNY had indeed been the most "hectic" and fun celebration of the numerous celebrations I had. I went from house to house and activities almost every night in the my hometown, which is Ipoh. Who said Ipoh isn't happening. It all depends on you aite...

It was fun meeting back with old friends day after day. They just have endless story to share everyday. Most of them haven't change a bit since high school days. I guess the only fella who change is me...again....

Sometimes i do wish I'm studying in UM or UPM. Like that, I can see them more often, but sad to say, I'm the only one in the Island while the rest are all down south. The nearest to me should be Teikz and Sai Mun, who both stranded halfway at Nibong Tebal...

Actually, I wrote this post because I had a pretty unusual feeling being back in the campus this time. This is the first time I'm actually feeling sad about leaving home. And I'm not the type of person who get homesick, till now I guess...

Before this, home sickness was never an issue to me. But it is only due to the reason I know when is my next trip home all the time. On the way back,I sat on the bus thinking when I can actually be back. After realising all my weekends are fully packed for this month, I stop thinking about when I actually can go back home... My next trip back might be in April,.... if I have the time...

Sometimes, its pretty sickening as my home is just 1 hour 45 minutes away and yet I can't go back as often as my fellow Ipoh coursemates does. To make situations more tempting, I have long weekends every week as my Fridays are off days for this semester. Like they say, so near yet so far... I'm pretty envious of those staying in penang as they can at least get the idea of home is always within reach, that is already comforting enough..

There aren't anyone to blame actually. Nothing is wrong, just the timing ain't right this time. The thing which i miss most are my parents and sis. I always try to get home when my sis is back from singapore so my parents would get a perfect reunion. However, even during last sememter, I only made it back on such occasion 1 out of 4 times..

probably its high time to call back home more often this time...

No comments: