Friday, February 20, 2009

The Schemer

Two-Face: It was your men, your plan!

The Joker: Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just... do things. The mob has plans, the cops have plans, Gordon's got plans. You know, they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So, when I say... Ah, come here.
[takes Dent's hand into his own]

The Joker: When I say that you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know that I'm telling the truth. It's the schemers that put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans, and look where that got you.
[Dent tries to grab the Joker]

The Joker: I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

When I see the Joker... this quote always come to my mine...

Is being an "good" planner necessarily a good thing?. Yes, everyone admits and say that I plan well and stuffs like that. Some even say my ability to plan ahead is an asset as you have to be somewhat bright to be able to "see" the future...

But have you ever wonder.... If everything is planned ahead, where is the element of surprise?
Everything I do will become predictable and hence my competitors can counter my strategies easily. Nothing is fun anymore when its planned. And when the strategies doesn't goes as planned, I'm the one under fire again... gosh....

In order to counter my abilities, these few months, I realized I need to come up with at least 2 or 3 plans to counter each other if it fails...

in other words, I've became a schemer... naturally...

This is totally not something I'm proud of... but currently the only plan I'm able to pull off completely is the one i put on Evelyn.. and that worked pretty well. Other plans are still undergoing and seriously, I'm not having fun because everything I do have a hidden purpose behind it... why can't I be normal and do things spontaneously...

Being analytical had made me a very serious man...
and to some people... this is not a way to live.....


4 comments:

~eRiC~ said...

Dont get influenced by THe Joker...Lol

wubi said...

i think planning is important in certain aspects of life. In our framework, that would be AIESEC.

Yes you need to plan but it does not means that it has to be down to each and every word you say.You have to mix it up a bit when you can =)

Living your life depends on how you can keep it on track and also able to mix it up at times ! Hell yeah its hard but who says life is easy right ?

Well at least that's my take on it ! =)

P/S : I don't like the Joker very much. He's scary as hell !

Nur Izzati said...

haha rubi...I think joker "plans" in a way that looks unplaned to others. thats why they'll always be good criminals in my poin of view.

Planning optimizes time and effort and sometimes things don't always go according to plan but thats ok. Its part of lerning too.

I also learnt that there is no such thing as multi-tasking but we just swith a certain task to another then switch back. Thats from oprah by a neurologist, but it also depends on what you think...

Unknown said...

YOUNG MAN... THERE WAS "NO PLAN" TO LAUNCH "FACEBOOK" FROM THE CONFINES OUTSIDE OF THE HARVARD UNIVERSITY STUDENT BODY... BUT SOMEHOW WITHOUT A PLAN...IT'S "WORLDWIDE" THERE WAS NO PLAN FOR "YOU TUBE" THREE "PAY PAL" EMPLOYEE'S!!!! THEIR MODEL COULD HELP YOU... IT APPEARS YOU ARE VERY INSIGHTFUL... AT LEAST YOUR THINKING ABOUT WHETHER THIS IS A PATH I SHOULD TAKE...I'M 45 SO I HAVE BEEN AROUND TO SEE JUST ABOUT ALL MY FRIENDS "PLANS" BLOW UP IN THEIR FACES... ESPECIALLY FINANCE GUYS... THEY'RE AT THE TOP OF FOOD CHAIN IN WHAT I LIKE TO CALL THE "EDUCATED DERELICT" I TEACH ENGLISH ABROAD...I HAVE BEEN RUNNING MARATHONS FOR 34 YEARS...NO PLAN... BUT I DO HAVE A GENERAL OUTLINE OF WHERE I WANT MY LIFE TO GO... STAY WITH THE GENERAL OULINE AND KEEP IT AWAY FROM YOUR FRIENDS... THEY BECOME OLD FURNITURE THAT YOU KNOW SHOULD GET RID OF... BUT YOU DON'T... YOU ONLY HAVE ABOUT 500 MILLION PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK... ECT... TO INTERFACE WITH... THAT SHOULD KEEP YOU BUSY UNTIL THE END OF YOUR LIFE... BUT ITS HARD WORK... TO ACTUALLY MEET JUST 10 PERCENT OF THEM FACE TO FACE... GOOD LUCK.. GLAD TO SEE A YOUNG PERSON QUESTIONING?????????????
P.S. the joker rules....study the "rulemakers"..so you can be a "rulebreaker" within this aritifially created "system"...

"RP
"run the earth"