Friday, June 19, 2009

Faster than our Shadow

Hey yo...
I'm so sorry about this really late late post..
I was actually contemplating on what to post and I've decided not to post anything about how things went in Natcon because my friends wouldn't understand and I need not to submit a report of events to my AIESECer friends.. rite?

So natcon... gosh, i really have so many things to tell you all but how am I going to summarize it into a single page? It was indeed an experience but I wont say its a life changing experience, its more like a life enhancing experience..

In AIESEC, sometimes you learn things you can't get from books. I am not saying soft skills... but more to the way of living...

Its now I know that having a great idea and making it sound ordinary is a very hard thing to do. I have to do that because I myself hate people who boast around but sometimes, when you have a train of thoughts, its very hard for you not to share. But somehow or rather, I manage to stay "humble" in discussions... Remember the movie Red Cliff where Zhuge Liang always tries to make all his knowledge sounds humble.. seriously, its not easy.

Saying things people want to hear too is very difficult... It never came naturally to me but I always try to keep this thing in mind. I know i always crack up lame jokes but I still need to keep it politically correct all the time.. haha...

To cut things short... when I've reach a level of Vice President, a lot of technical stuffs can't be learned anymore. Its only stuffs which you can pick up through observation that can be learned along the way....

Skills of such makes us more acceptable in the society...
skills that enables us to run faster than our shadow are skills you pick up through observation

No comments: