Monday, September 22, 2008

Walk With Me

Ah, finally I'm free to get back to the cyberspace once again. I've just finished my calculus test 3 hours ago and I know you may think its in the afternoon now... Nope.. its 1.00 am.. we have night tests in USM... its pretty common to have test on nights and weekends here... even on sundays... haha

For the past week, it has been work all day and night. Assignments, test, and more assignments came in. It is like I wonder when will this pile of work gonna end, another heap came along... its gonna be crazay by next month. During thi process, I found another part of myself though... A part which I dont know but others can see.... and of all things, its selflessness...

Frankly speaking. To be selfless or not hasn't been quite an issue back in St Mikes. Probably we are so closely knitted that helping others had been second natured to most of us, especially the pure Mikez. When I came to uni, I can't sit still looking at other people struggling with their work. Altough I was struggling especially during the first 2 weeks in USM, i just can't keep my eye blind towards people who are in need...

However, I was aware of one thing..
Others are keeping silent when they see me struggling back then... i have to find my solution and work my arse off to catch up and no one is willing to lend a hand. Why am I helping them now? Especially when it comes to issues like studies, everyone work as an individual unit. Probably the others thought that in the uni, we need to work to the top and beat the rest....

erm.. beat the rest?...
This isn't the old Scottish Examination System you know where people need to get to the top few percentage to graduate with an Honours degree. We all can get first class honours together.. Yea, all 22 of us and why dont we start working TOGETHER now? I still remember GuoJian fret once in the class last year, I remember he said something like this...

"Hey people, why wanna keep everything to yourself, Isn't it nice if we all get 4.o together?"

If I'm not mistaken he was refering to the trials paper from other school which some of the classmates isn't circulating and keeping it to themself. Okay, back to the idea, which is plain simple and beautiful, ain't it better if we gain equal success together. When my coursemates asked why I share out so many insider information which i found in the internet myself with them. I know i can always have an upper hand but I am the type of person who wants people to gain as much as I know and hopefully, they will share theirs too... I like to gain success but it will be better if my friend gain it as well, right?


"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.


Ever since I took the first step, my friends here are more willing to share their insiders with me, as they realise the real advantage is sharing and not keeping things to yourself which only you yourself think its a secret weapon... of course, its good to keep some tricks up ur sleeves la sometimes.. haha


thatz all from me... I think my next post onward will be with pictures as I brought my camera... Next Stop, LLDS Aiesec!!

cyaz and remember.... selflessness never kills!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea..totally agree, why must hide and hot share? but how many ppl will actually walk with me or appreciate others today...i am lucky that my coursemates do share, as far as i know...