Thursday, September 4, 2008

Confessions of an Analytical Mind

Dilemmas,
Unnecessary stress,
Sleepless nights,
Unexplainable headache........

All these problems got to origin from somewhere. And i always think that its from my external locus of control, which means external factors. But the source of everything is quite simple..

Its all in my head!

The problem is i analyse my surroundings too much. I always think it is better to think 10 steps ahead, then i will be at least a few step ahead of the rest. This is good, providing it involves around work only. But because it had been my in practise since 3 years ago. It had assimilated into the way i live too. Sometimes I tend to analyse over things which seems so trivial to others. And it gets worst when that particular "thing" involves major changes in my life. I will think a few steps ahead from the rest and I'll just keep it to myself to muse.

The most recent situation should be my dilemma over UTP and USM. But the verdict had been finalised, I will stay put in USM and no more changes will be done. It is simply because UTP won't accept Degree Intake on the January intake, so I would wanna waste one year to wait till July next year and continue from scratch because it will take me a total of 5 years to finish my engineering degree... My god, then its equivalent to a Medical Degree!!

The funny thing is this, 2 hours after I decided I am staying put in USM, The Ministry Of Higher Education announce USM as an Apex university(Accelerated Programme for Excellence) , making it the most eligible varsity in the nation. Then i told myself this, is this a sign from up above or what? Whatever it is, at least it will brighten up my dreams.
I know most of you will think that I've already give up on my dreams when I say I'm staying put...

Hell NO!

I will try my best to enter GeoPhysics next year in April. Of course, the search of great power comes great sacrifices. I need a good result in order to change courses in USM. I just hope that it being an Apex now wouldn't deter me from getting into the course.

However, if I still can't get into GeoPhysics, I'll stay put in Stats and make the best out of my situation. Life got to move on la.... So it is just that simple.. why did I ever think it is that complicated in the first place...

Keep it simple and take one step at a time...

Hence, having an analytical mind have its consequences at times.. In fact most of the time because we ain't working 24-7 rite....

I shall learn to keep my social life simple but I wont loose my analytical mind either as someday, it will have a cutting-edge againts the rest..


sorry for any typo or grammatical mistakes.. its pretty "early" in the morning now.. you know what I mean

No comments: