Tuesday, September 30, 2008

World, Hold On

Hi fellas.... Hows life treating you all so far...
Mine was pretty good and I got feeling this may last a long long time....
Though varsity life is still gonna be hectic as ever, but at least I am happier now. Together with this kind of positive energy, hopefully i will pull through the adrenaline rush for the months of October and November....

So as I told you in the last blog, I was going to attend some leadership development seminar (LDS) organized by Aiesec in USM rite... Yeap, I've been there and looking forward to more of it in the future. This camp really gave me some great insights on what I really am at this very moment. And its now that i realise that I still have a lot to learn.
You may say I've been to or facilitate numerous Leadership Training camps... first one in form 2 up till LTC in form 6 and even the National Service. But truth to be said, training then isn't the same as this one in the varsity level.

It is this moment in this camp I knew, I know almost nothing...

Come on.. after 13 years of education and you are telling me that you've learn no leadership or what-so-ever? Isn't this a little absurd? Okla, its not like zero but those things aren't practical anymore especially when I've reached the unversity level.

At the very first session of LDS, I begun to humble myself and learn from square one again. And yes, I am going to change again....
I think people like kee cheong will know that I had a drastic change once in lower six. Well, lets take this as an "improvement" or "fine-tuning" then... So dont worry, Wai Soon/wilson is still here to stay. So what did the Aiesec LLDS really did to make me consider another make over?



So BASICALLY (ahem, i think those fellas from LLDS will be laughing when they see this word),
Aiesec is something really new to me. The way and approach they teach you how to lead is completely different. Well, they will make you think critically on extremely sensitive world issue. Actually this is the most interesting part and I enjoyed it the most. These sessions, which are called "world cafes" are good for me in the sense I can really give my thoughts without siding or irritating others as the rest are doing the same. After some world cafe sessions, I think they realise that my thoughts are actually kinda liberal and rebellious at times... All thanks to the teachings of Ernesto Che Guevara who challenge people to think big from other people's point of view.

Next up, there new things include a management simulation which require us to "manufacture and sell burgers" to extremely demanding customers. Now this is new for me and for the first time, I didnt have the urge to take charge on it as I know i'm still in the learning process here. The cultural simulation was fun too. Though it is less challenging but the things we learned are as much as the management simulation.

I can't elaborate much because I know others wont be able to understand it as you really have to see it ourself. Thank god LLDS comes early for me. If not, I really would have think that my leadership learning process was long done and I will have trouble coping with the new leadership styles in the uni next time in the future...

Trying to be as humble as can be, I will learn from scratch again and hopefully in 3 months time, I will be a full fledge leader...

anyway, here is some photos of my campz...hehe

Here are the only guy participant in the LLDS



This is Mcdonalds at 3.00AM




Okay.. thatz all from me fellas.. I've just came back from KL btw and its already 3 now... Hence world, hold on, and brace ourself for the new improved me in 3 months time....

cyaz people and take care

No comments: