Sunday, October 5, 2008

October Rush...

My short break had come to an end....
And its time to go back to the campus...
to the place where sea breeze greets me when I'm messed up,
and where the blazing sun shines on me when I'm down....

I do like my varsity life a lot, especially due to the fact that I am with the best group of people at the best time in the arguably best varsity in the nation. But why am I so tired of going back there. I guess there is only one reason which is the next two months will be pretty hectic for me. I have a total of 5 test, 2 assignments and 1 presentation to be done in 3 weeks time and two weeks later after that, I will sit for my first ever formal examinations after my STPM last year.

And everything will start tomorrow when I step into the bus back to the island in the sun. One thing for sure, I know I will be a different person tomorrow onwards. I knew this holiday wouldn't bring me much effort in studies, hence i used it to do some self reflection instead besides the studying la of course. I knew I have a lot of disadvantage compared to my coursemates. I dont have as much energy in them and furthermore, I dont think I have as much passion in statistics compared to them.

For every lowpoint, there must be a way to counter them. First of all, I still have to accept the fact that I'm different as my journey to the uni needs me to cross a long and winding journey. I will be more appreciative of my situation then anyone else and I still do at this very moment. And more importantly, I am here for a reason, which is to find a reason to be in the society. I may not have much interest in statistic but I can still study hard for me to enter into geophysics next time. I still and have to work hard to get into the best situation.

Now that everything seems to be good, I still cant be contented because good ain't best. Probably with this attitude will have an upperhand among the rest... probably.... Another thing which my old schoolmates told me can be an upperhand is my La Sallian way of life, the faith, zeal and community.

After some musings, I realised that I am already living the la sallian way subconsciouly. And believe it or not, it is the only thing which makes us different from the pack. This should be nice and yea, October Rush should be fine.. I've been through hectic months this year like February in Citrus,so this shouldn't be a problem. The only thing different is mental fitness which plays a big part this month compared to physical fitness and Optimism needed last february.

So am I prepared? I hope I am and I will by the time i wake up tomorrow because work waits for no man and success is for one to grab. Furthermore, I know there is someone with me although she lives 500km away but still, she will be able to give me the spirit and mentality needed to face the rush...

October rush, here I come.....

No comments: